I’m turning 21 this week and I’ve been thinking a lot about who I am and who I want to be in the future. I’ve decided to set 21 goals to achieve while I’m 21 because I want to try to be the best person I can be. Hopefully this inspires you.
READ ALSO: 20 Things I’ve Learned Since Turning 20
1. Be punctual.
It’s always better to be early than on time.
2. Be more confident in social situations.
The more you talk to people, the less awkward you’ll be.
3. Don’t talk about other people unless you have something positive to say.
Promote the good in other people instead.
4. Be a better listener.
Listen to what people have to say, don’t just hear it.
5. Stop thinking everyone is out there to hurt you.
There are many bad people in this world, but at the same time, there are many good people.
6. Don’t ask for someone else’s opinion if you don’t want to hear what they have to say.
7. Always think positively.
“If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” –Roald Dahl, The Twits
8. Don’t let negative people bring you down.
“If you’re happy with what you’re doing and it’s working for you, please don’t allow anyone else to tell you your path is wrong.” –Anonymous
9. Be more organized.
Schedule things better and keep your space cleaned. Good organization has a snowball effect on other parts of your life.
10. Don’t assume or jump to conclusions.
Hear people out first.
11. Stand up for yourself.
“Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.” –Anonymous
12. Try not to be so stubborn.
See things from other people’s perspectives, not just your own.
13. Be honest.
The truth will always come out in one way or another.
14. Take better care of your health.
Eat healthier and work out more. You’re happier when you’re healthier.
15. Stay modest.
With hard work comes great success, but you must always remember to stay modest.
16. You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone.
You know your own strengths.
17. When in doubt, always be the better person.
“If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others.” –Anonymous
18. Learn to have healthy arguments and communicate better.
Fighting isn’t healthy.
19. Take criticism and learn to improve from it.
Don’t be so easily offended. Try to improve the things people criticize you about.
20. Make time for the people you love.
They won’t be around forever.
21. Love yourself.
Latest posts by Jessica Lam (see all)
- 5 Ways to Help Calm Your Anxiety Down - January 15, 2018
- PanPan Noodle Bar is the Best New Spot for Chinese Noodles in Toronto - January 11, 2018
- How to Wear All Black Without Looking Emo - January 6, 2018