If you didn’t already know, liquid lipsticks have been all the rage this summer. After seeing how gorgeous Sophia (@fashionista804) looked in Smashbox’s new Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick, I had to purchase a liquid lipstick for myself. I fell in love with it, and I thought I’d try out a few more liquid lipsticks from other brands.
Pictured from left to right is Smashbox’s Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick, Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color, Maybelline’s SuperStay 24 Color Lipcolor, and NYX’s Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick.
1. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in “Life’s a Beach” (x)
NYX gave out free liquid lipsticks at their booth inside Osheaga, and I was pretty excited to try one because I’d never purchased a NYX product before. I absolutely hated it. The consistency of the product was weird and it looked caked on after application. I definitely won’t be wearing this ever again. Shahrzad got a deep purple colour, which actually looked really great on her and seemed to have a better consistency.
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color in “Electric Pink” (x)
I liked the colour and the consistency of this liquid lipstick, but it took a while for it to actually dry and it began to feather and smudge around my lips after a couple of hours. I did like the product itself and I’ll probably wear it with lipliner in the future.
3. Maybelline SuperStay 24 Color Lipcolor in “Keep Up the Flame” (x)
I’ll definitely be wearing this colour throughout the fall and winter seasons. It lasted through lunch and through kisses from my boyfriend without smudging or rubbing off, which was pretty awesome. It did start to wear off on the inner part of my top lip after a few hours, but it’s easy to retouch.
4. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in “Driver’s Seat” (x)
This was my favourite out of all the liquid lipsticks I tried. Not only did it apply perfectly – it lasted throughout meals and kisses throughout the day. It’s also a gorgeous colour, and I plan on picking up “Out Loud” next time I order from Sephora.
Have you tried any of these liquid lipsticks? Do you have any recommendations for other ones? Let me know in the comments!
Latest posts by Jessica Lam (see all)
- Amazon Dresses on Sale for Under $100 (and Perfect for Fall/Winter!) - November 22, 2017
- 8 Easy Ways to Become a Morning Person - November 20, 2017
- Do Not Disturb is the Restaurant for Your Next Date Night in Toronto - November 18, 2017