The last week has been really tough for me. A lot of it is personal, but it all boils down to two things: 1. I don’t feel like myself anymore, and 2. the stress and pressure over the last few months have caught up to me. I don’t really want to go into the details, and this post might even be a little too negative for some people. I’ve set a few goals to try to improve things about my life and better myself as a person.
Read also: How to Deal with Your Negative Thoughts
1. I need to learn to relax.
There will be periods of your life where you’ll have unbelievable amounts of stress, but you need to relax and adjust to your situation.
2. I need stop talking about other people.
I know most people say bad things behind other people’s backs, and being around people who do this isn’t an excuse to do this myself.
3. I need to start understanding that most people would rather avoid confrontation.
People would rather assume and complain about things behind your back than clarify and talk about things to your face. There’s nothing you can do about it and for that reason, there is no reason to be hurt by it.
4. I need to realize that no matter how good people portray themselves to be, they can turn out to be different than you expected them to.
At the same time, people who appear as not-so-great can turn out to be better than you expected.
5. I need to stop taking things so personally.
People will do bad things without realizing they’re doing bad things.
6. I need to stop assuming that people are like me.
Just because I’d do certain favours for people without hesitation, doesn’t mean people would do the same for me.
7. I need to stop assuming people can read my mind.
I never really explain myself, and this causes people to see me differently and in a negative light.
8. I need to become more independent and more opinionated.
I’m the type of person who gets influenced easily by others, so a lot of my own opinions aren’t really my own opinions.
9. I need to learn to control my emotions.
My lack of control is hurting the people I love.
10. I need to stop taking my feelings out on other people.
I’m the type of person who takes it out on everyone if one person wrongs me.
11. I need to stop surrounding myself around so much negativity.
I need to surround myself with more empowering and inspiring things.
12. I need to learn to become more secure and to love myself.
Being the opposite will only hurt you.
13. I need to learn to let go.
Let go of negative situations, let go of negative people, let go of negative things I’ve done.
Always remember that you can have a fresh new start everyday, and it’s okay to make mistakes. If you make the effort to change and better yourself as a person, your negative habits will go away and you’ll be much happier. I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend, and I hope this list inspires you to set goals for yourself. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Feature image by Jerry D.
Latest posts by Jessica Lam (see all)
- Amazon Dresses on Sale for Under $100 (and Perfect for Fall/Winter!) - November 22, 2017
- 8 Easy Ways to Become a Morning Person - November 20, 2017
- Do Not Disturb is the Restaurant for Your Next Date Night in Toronto - November 18, 2017