New year’s resolutions were never really my thing. I always ended up giving up on them halfway through the year, or not doing them at all. This year I’ve begun to realize that goal setting is essential to achieving anything. How can you get to where you want to if you don’t even have a plan or an idea of what you want? These are some of my current goals I hope to accomplish in 2017.
- Apply to + get accepted into Master’s program: My original plan when I started university was to do my Master’s as soon as I finished undergrad, but I’ve decided to take a year off from school to do some internships.
- Eat cleaner and healthier: I eat way too much junk food for my own good. I’m going to try to have less pizza and chocolate and eat more vegetables.
- Learn how to swim: I’ve been saying that I’ll learn to swim forever, but this year I really want to try.
- Learn how to speak basic Cantonese: I want to be able to speak to my grandparents.
- Be more positive: I struggled with a lot of negative feelings last year, and I’m going to improve on that this year.
- Read at least one book a month: I used to love reading as a kid, and I haven’t read a book for fun in ages. I’m the type of person who doesn’t put a book down once I’ve started reading it, so it’s hard to find the time.
Blog & Social Media Goals
- Get better at photography: I definitely feel that I improved a lot on my photography skills last year, but I want to get better at shooting flat lays and I want to practice shooting in raw and manual.
- Create more video content: I don’t consider myself YouTube material at all, but I want to come up with creative video content to go along with my blog.
- 500 followers on Bloglovin
- 10k followers on Instagram + 2 posts per day: I’ve been trying to post at least once a day, but my ultimate goal is to post twice a day.
- 1k likes on Facebook
What are your goals for the new year? I hope you all have a safe and wonderful new year, and an amazing 2017!
Latest posts by Jessica Lam (see all)
- Lash Lift and Tint: Are They Worth It? - September 22, 2017
- Transitioning from Summer to Fall with Knit Sweaters - September 17, 2017
- 12 Fall Wardrobe Essentials - September 11, 2017