I’ve always been a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers kinda girl, but I was never into any hype sneakers. As some of you may know, Adam is a huge sneakerhead. He got me into Adidas Yeezy Boosts, Ultra Boosts, NMDs, and quite possibly Nike VaporMaxes. While I still have yet to snag myself a pair of NMDs and I’m still on the fence about VaporMaxes, I’m slowly building up my sneaker collection.
Fun fact: Adam and I have matching Ultra Boosts and Yeezys, as well as three pairs of matching Converse. We are that one corny couple…
Anyways, for today’s blog post, I’m sharing with you guys how I style my Adidas Yeezy Boosts, how I managed to get mine, and how you can get your own pair! Keep on readin’ to find out more.
Bottoms: c/o Tobi
I was so lucky to have been able to cop my Yeezys on Adidas back in February. If you’ve ever tried to get them during releases, you’ll know that they’re almost impossible to get. I’ve gotten Yeezys off Yeezy Supply (Kanye’s official store) before, but everything is priced in American dollars and shipping and duties are sooo expensive. If you manage to get them off Adidas, you get it in Canadian dollars with free shipping!
There are two pairs of Adidas Yeezy Boosts releasing in November, so I thought I’d also share a few tips if you’re hoping to cop your own pair. All of these tips are things I learned from Adam of course!
- Kicks Deals Canada is a great resource for news on releases.
- Be patient during the online releases. You might be stuck waiting in a queue on Adidas for two hours, but you might end up being lucky enough to be able to purchase them!
- Enter every in-person and online raffle possible. If you want to give it your all, enter every raffle you can to maximize your chances of getting them.
Now, onto the ~styling~. When I saw these red sweatpants on Tobi, I just had to have them. Red is one of my favourite colours, and I love how bold these red sweats are! I also love the high waist and the side zippers. To dress these pants down, I paired them with a black off-the-shoulder top and my Adidas Yeezy Boosts. I don’t wear these sneakers very often, but when I do, I usually pair them with anything white, black, or red.
Side note: sorry for the grainy photos. I’m still figuring out the manual settings on my camera and I wasn’t sure what settings to use for the evening time! I hate how early it gets dark out now. 😭
P.S. if you liked this post, you might like this post on fall wardrobe essentials.
Photos by Adam G.
Latest posts by Jessica Lam (see all)
- 5 Ways to Help Calm Your Anxiety Down - January 15, 2018
- PanPan Noodle Bar is the Best New Spot for Chinese Noodles in Toronto - January 11, 2018
- How to Wear All Black Without Looking Emo - January 6, 2018