I’m turning 21 this week and I’ve been thinking a lot about who I am and who I want to be in the future.
I’ve decided to set 21 goals to achieve while I’m 21 because I want to try to be the best person I can be.
Hopefully this inspires you with setting your goals!
Here are 21 goals I want to achieve while I’m a 21 year old.
1. Be punctual
It’s always better to be early than on time.
2. Be more confident in social situations
The more you talk to people, the less awkward you’ll become.
3. Don’t talk about other people unless you have something positive to say
Promote the good in other people instead.
4. Be a better listener
Listen to what people have to say, don’t just hear it.
5. Stop thinking everyone is out there to hurt you
There are many bad people in this world, but at the same time, there are many good people.
6. Don’t ask for someone else’s opinion if you don’t want to hear what they have to say
If you don’t wanna hear it, don’t ask about it.
7. Always try to think positively
As Roald Dahl wrote, “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
8. Don’t let negative people bring you down
“If you’re happy with what you’re doing and it’s working for you, please don’t allow anyone else to tell you your path is wrong.” –Anonymous
9. Be more organized
Schedule things better and keep your space cleaned.
Good organization has a snowball effect on other parts of your life.
10. Don’t assume or jump to conclusions
Hear people out first.
11. Stand up for yourself
“Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.” –Anonymous
12. Try not to be so stubborn
See things from other people’s perspectives, not just your own.
13. Be honest
The truth will always come out in one way or another.
14. Take better care of your health
Eat healthier and work out more.
You’re happier when you’re healthier.
15. Stay modest
With hard work comes great success, but you must always remember to stay modest.
16. You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone
You know your own strengths.
17. When in doubt, always be the better person
“If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others.” –Anonymous
18. Learn to have healthy arguments and communicate better
Fighting with loved ones isn’t healthy.
19. Take criticism and learn to improve from it
Don’t be so easily offended.
Try to improve the things people criticize you about.
20. Make time for the people you love
They won’t be around forever.
21. Love yourself
These are some goals I hope to achieve while I’m a 21 year old.
You won’t always achieve every single one of your goals perfectly, but no matter what, you’re gaining experience and learning from it.
You can mould your life according to your successes and failures.
It’s your life you’re living, so you might as well make the best of it.
Feel free to subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.