Looking for quotes to help inspire you to be your best self?
Reading inspirational quotes can be super helpful on your journey to be your best self.
As someone who spent a lot of their childhood reading and writing, beautifully written words have always meant a lot to me.
I’ve kept and maintained a list of favourite inspirational quotes from high school, which I revisit and reread all the time when I need that extra creative boost or positive inspiration.
I even had a John Green quote tattooed on myself after I fell in love with Looking for Alaska, my favourite book of all-time.
I thought I’d do a little post on some of my favourite inspirational quotes to help you be your best self!
Let’s start off with one of my all-time favourites by Roald Dahl…
1. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roald Dahl
2. “A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it.” -Anonymous
3. “Things get better. You will go from standing in the shower thinking ‘god what if this is for the rest of my life’ to ‘god, I hope this is for the rest of my life.’” -Anonymous
4. “Sometimes, you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand back up taller than you ever were.” -Anonymous
5. “Someday you will look back and know exactly why it had to happen.” -Anonymous
6. “Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.” -Anonymous
7. “If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.” -Anonymous
8. “You’re never going to be 100% ready and it’s never going to be just the right time, but that’s the point. It means that every moment is also the right moment. If you want it, you just have to do it.” -Anonymous
9. “If you’re happy with what you’re doing and it’s working for you, please don’t allow anyone else to tell you your path is wrong.” -Anonymous
10. “Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others.” -Anonymous
11. “If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others.” -Mohammad Zeyara
12. “Self-love is a good thing but self-awareness is more important. You need to once in a while go ‘uh, I’m kind of an asshole.’” -Louis C.K.
13. “Life is too short to sit around and wait for indifferent people to make up their minds about how they feel about you.” -Mike Falzone
14. “Know this: you can start over, each morning.” -Tyler Joseph
15. “One day I just woke up and realized that I can’t touch yesterday. So why the heck was I letting it touch me?” -Steve Maraboli
16. “I am learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.” -Tracee Ellis Ross
17. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” Douglas Adams
18. “Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.” -Warsan Shire
19. “I remember when I was younger and I wanted to be beautiful; now I’m older and I want to be intelligent. I want to burn hearts with brilliance and engulf souls with compassion. I want to be loved for my thoughts and nothing else.” -Anonymous
20. “Scare the world: be exactly who you say you are and tell the truth.” -Iain Cain Thomas
All of these quotes are very dear to my heart, and I hope they inspire or motivate you in some way.
I also have a Pinterest board dedicated to inspirational quotes if you’re interested in reading more!
Do you have any favourite inspirational quotes that keep you motivated? I’d love to know in the comments!