Wow, how narcissistic of me to be writing 50 random facts about me.
But if you’re reading this… I guess you’re as interested in hearing them as I am writing them 😛
Funny thing: I originally wrote this 5 years ago (back in 2016), and while most of these things are still true, some of it is a little outdated.
I’ll put little notes beside anything that’s changed, ‘cuz 2021 Jess ain’t the same as 2016 Jess.
I know this tag is all over YouTube, but I thought I’d do a lil’ blog version for the fun of it.
Here are 50 random facts about me that you might not know already!
Be sure to also follow me on Instagram – I share a lot more content on there that doesn’t make it to the blog!
50 random facts about me
1. I was born on April Fool’s Day.
2. I’ve never been pranked on my birthday.
3. I’m half Chinese and half Vietnamese.
4. Both my parents are also half Chinese and half Vietnamese.
5. I can only speak English.
6. I have two siblings: a younger brother and a younger sister.
7. My favourite movie of all time is Pretty Woman.
9. Gory movies don’t sicken me. Human Centipede makes me laugh.
10. I have a dark sense of humour.
11. I’m funnier on the internet. I’m usually the only one laughing at my own jokes in real life.
12. I can’t swim. (2021 update: can ~somewhat~ swim.)
13. I don’t want to have kids. (2021 update: totally undecided, but definitely getting baby fever from everyone else having babies.)
14. I hate surprises.
15. I’d eat pizza everyday if I could.
16. I’ve been wearing makeup since I was 12.
17. I love social media, especially Instagram. I used to obsessed with Twitter.
18. When I’m productive, I’m extremely productive, and when I’m lazy, I’m extremely lazy. There is no in-between.
19. I’m an awkward person.
20. I’m an Atheist.
21. I personally don’t see anything past death. I think when you die, you’re gone forever.
21. I only like popcorn if it’s topped with ketchup powder. (2021 update: I think Chicago mix popcorn might be my favourite.)
22. My favourite book of all time is Looking for Alaska by John Green.
24. I regret my first tattoo. I got it when I was 17.
25. My parents took me to get my first tattoo.
26. I have one industrial and two cartilage piercings. (2021 update: the industrial is the only one left standing.)
27. I get paranoid about a lot of things and my friends make fun of me for it.
28. I’m obsessed with making spreadsheets.
29. I’m very impulsive.
30. I’m horrible at thinking of gifts to get for people.
31. I like writing poetry.
32. Sunsets make me really happy.
33. I’m extremely ticklish and I will kick you in the face if you tickle me.
34. My favourite colour combination is red and pink.
35. I love coffee.
36. My favourite numbers are 6 and 17.
37. I don’t really eat vegetables. (2021 update: slowly adding vegetables to my diet so your girl can poop better.)
38. I actually like kale.
39. I like naming my plants.
40. The only pets I’ve ever had were fish. I want a kitten or a puppy someday.
41. Psychology fascinates me. If I wasn’t in media, I’d probably be studying that.
42. I taught myself HTML by designing webpages for my Neopets.
43. I used to make Runescape music videos.
44. I have a horrible memory. I don’t remember a lot of things from my past and I even have a hard time remembering recent conversations.
45. My favourite flowers are roses.
46. The barf jellybean in Bean Boozled is one of the worst things to ever happen to me.
47. Public speaking terrifies me.
48. Bugs terrify me.
50. I believe in the law of attraction.
Feel free to subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.