In spirit of warmer weather, I thought I’d do a little list of some cute summer date ideas in Toronto!
Although they’re oh-so-short here in Toronto, I look forward to every summer.
During the summer the city bustles with activities, festivals, and so many new desserts to try, and everything just becomes so lively.
Whether you’re going on a first date or a date with your beau, there are plenty of awesome things for you to do in the city.
Here are some unique and fun date ideas to go on in Toronto this summer!
1. Explore a new Toronto neighbourhood
Spend a day being a tourist and exploring a new Toronto neighbourhood you’ve never been to before.
It’s always fun to visit new places – it’s like traveling, but in your own city!
And what’s a cuter summer date idea than wandering around the city hand-in-hand with your S/O?
2. Café hop at Toronto’s best coffee shops
Sure, you could sip on lattes and chit chat, but why not go café hopping and hit up a few Instagrammable Toronto coffee shops instead?
Toronto is filled with adorable cafés, and café hopping makes it easier to cross a bunch off your list at once.
Adam and I did this for my 21st birthday in Kensington Market and it was a fun day.
Here are some ideas for your café hopping day:
- Financial District (Versus Coffee, Dineen Coffee Co., Boxcar Social, Maman)
- Fashion District (Dark Horse Espresso Bar, Strange Love Coffee, Quantum Coffee, Calii Love)
- King West (Forget Me Not Café, Jimmy’s Coffee, Oretta Café)
3. Go museum or art gallery hopping
Pretend to be cultured and check out some of the coolest Toronto museums and art galleries.
You can take cute couple photos together with the art, or just wander around and take it in.
Maybe it doesn’t sound super exciting, but you’ll be surprised at how much fun it is!
You can hit up some of these museums and galleries:
- Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
- Gardiner Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)
- Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery
- Aga Khan Museum
4. Do goat yoga at Black Creek Pioneer Village
Step back into the 1800s and head over to Black Creek Pioneer Village for a unique summer date.
Impress your S/O with a yoga session while cuddling some adorable baby goats.
There are also other fun activities you can do at Black Creek Pioneer Village like escape games and axe throwing!
LOCATION: 1000 Murray Ross Pkwy, North York, ON | Website
5. Wander around the Harbourfront
Walk hand-in-hand along the beautiful Harbourfront.
Soak up the sun at Sugar Beach, check out the art at the Power Plant Gallery, or check out a festival at the Harbourfront Centre!
If you’re looking for more fun things to do in the area, I’ve got a blog post all about the best things to do at the Harbourfront.
I’ve also got a blog post all about the best Harbourfront restaurants!
6. Take in the view from the Toronto Islands
Rent a surrey bike and roll around the Toronto Islands.
Pack some sandwiches and have a romantic little picnic.
Gush over the cute farm animals at Centre Island.
There’s so much to do on the islands, and it’s definitely something to add to your list of cute summer date ideas in Toronto!
Ferry tickets to the islands are $7.50 for adults and $5 for students.
7. Take a cruise with Mariposa Cruises
From brunch cruises to scenic tours, Mariposa Cruises gives you a fun experience with a gorgeous view of the city.
We did a salsa dancing cruise that was a lot of fun!
Doing a summer cruise is one of the cutest date ideas you can do in Toronto.
7. Bike the Waterfront Trail
Looking for a fun day date idea in Toronto during the summer?
Rent a Bike Share bike and take a ride down the Waterfront Trail, then make stops along the way.
The trail actually extends from Mississauga to Scarborough, but you can start and end wherever you please.
Some highlights of the Waterfront Trail downtown are Humber Bay Park, Trillium Park, Harbourfront, and Sugar Beach!
If you’re looking for other fun trails to bike along, I’ve got a blog post all about the best Toronto bike trails.
9. Watch Canada Day fireworks at Woodbine Beach
Pack a beach towel and some snacks and head over to Woodbine Beach to watch the annual Canada Day fireworks.
Snuggle all you want, but don’t be that one couple if ya know what I mean!
LOCATION: 1675 Lake Shore Blvd. East | Website
10. Stroll around Allan Gardens
What could be more romantic than wandering around a luscious garden filled with florals and greenery?
Allan Gardens is by far one of the most beautiful places in the city, and it’s perfect for taking your date.
Afterwards, you can grab some ice cream at one of Toronto’s best ice cream spots to cool off.
11. Grab a sweet treat at one of Toronto’s best ice cream spots
The sweetest thing you can do is take your date out for some sweet treats at one of the tastiest Toronto ice cream spots!
I pretty much crave ice cream every single day in the summer, and I love that new dessert spots are always opening up in Toronto.
Grab an ice cream waffle at Bang Bang on Queen West and head to Trinity Bellwoods, or pick up Asian-inspired ice cream at Wong’s and chill at Riverdale Park.
Make it even more romantic and share a cone 😉
12. Watch the sunset over the Toronto skyline
Pay a visit to Humber Bay Park, Trillium Park, or Riverdale Park and enjoy the picturesque sunset over the Toronto skyline.
Stay and watch the stars, or hit up a cocktail bar afterwards for some romantic dranks.
Cute summer date ideas in Toronto:
- Explore a new Toronto neighbourhood
- Café hop at Toronto’s best coffee shops
- Go museum or art gallery hopping
- Do goat yoga at Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Wander around the Harbourfront
- Take in the view from the Toronto Islands
- Take a cruise with Mariposa Cruises
- Bike the Waterfront Trail
- Watch Canada Day fireworks at Woodbine Beach
- Stroll around Allan Gardens
- Grab a sweet treat at one of Toronto’s best ice cream spots
- Watch the sunset over the Toronto skyline
These were just a few cute and fun summer date ideas in Toronto!
Where are your go-to date spots in Toronto? Are there any other unique Toronto summer date ideas you’d add to this list? I’d love to know in the comments!